PointsBet is one of the latest gambling operators to make a foray into the New Jersey market with its vibrant online sportsbook. Licensed and regulated by New Jersey’s Division of Gaming Enforcement, the sportsbook operator has implemented an array of impressive and innovative features, the latest being PointsBet Card. It’s a reloadable prepaid card that allows sports betting enthusiasts in NJ to fund their gaming accounts easily, safely, and quickly.
The prepaid card is offered in collaboration with EML Payments Limited, often called the PointsBet EML Card. This enables bettors to circumvent banking regulation issues that prevent bank cards and accounts from processing online gambling transactions. Instead of paying through your bank card, the funds are first held in your PointsBet Card account which is managed by EML, a well-known fintech firm that offers e-payment and e-transfer services in over 21 countries worldwide.
Not sure about PointsBet? Check out our other reviews for online casinos and sportsbooks that are authorized to accept gamblers in New Jersey, including Borgata, BetMGM, PartyCasino, 888 Casino, William Hill, Caesars, SugarHouse Casino, Golden Nugget, Tropicana and Virgin Casino, 888 sportsbook, William Hill Sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, Borgata Online Sportsbook, Hard Rock Sportsbook, BetMGM Sportsbook, FoxBet Sportsbook, and FanDuel Sportsbook.
Here, we’ll walk you through the basics of the PointsBet Card system, covering its deposit methods available for online casino games, security, pros, and cons.
Overview of PointsBet Card Deposits
Are you tired of your bank card or online banking account rejecting your deposits to PointsBet? If yes, PointsBet Card offers a hassle-free alternative, so you can bypass the use of VISA, MasterCard, and other credit/debit cards. If your bank doesn’t permit transactions to online gambling sites, you can still use your credit/debit card to fund your PointsBet Card account and then transfer the funds directly to your sports betting account.
This is an EML-backed prepaid card account, another fantastic feature debuted by the NJ-licensed online sportsbook. Signing up for the prepaid card account is quite simple and the process is pretty straightforward. If you have already opened a sports betting account with PointsBet, go to the Deposit page, choose PointsBet Card as your funding option, and then click “Request Now.”
Upon approval of your request, you will receive a notification reminding you to sign up for a PointsBet Card account. The next step is to set up your login credentials (email address and password) and check the E-sign Communication Agreement boxes to agree to the card’s Terms & Conditions. Click ‘Continue’ to finalize registration and create the card account.
Once the PointsBet Card account is created, it is immediately ready to be funded. You can load the account from a variety of funding sources, including ACH (eChecks), online bank transfer, credit cards, and debit cards. When the funds hit your card account, you are free to deposit them to your gaming account. Funds deposited via the PointsBet Card account will immediately appear in your sports wagering account .
In addition to the prepaid account, a physical MasterCard-issued debit card will be sent to the mailing address on file. You can expect the PointsBet Prepaid MasterCard to arrive in the mail within 7 and 10 working days. The awesome part is that you can use the card everywhere MasterCard is accepted, including for cash withdrawals from ATMs nationwide. What’s more, you can transfer funds from your card account to your preferred bank account via ACH or online bank transfer.
What ultimately makes PointsBet Card the best sportsbook deposit option includes instant access to your winnings, secure transactions, and super-easy reloads. It helps that the card account is powered by one of the biggest names in e-payment processing, EML Payments Ltd. With the backing of the MasterCard network, managing your funds is easy-peasy.
How to Make PointsBet Card Deposits
If you reside in a state like New Jersey, where online sports betting and casino gambling are legal, funding your gaming account will be easy and straightforward. However, that isn’t always the case because banks would rather decline your credit card transactions to a gambling site than take on complex federal regulatory hurdles.
Finding themselves between a rock and a hard place, sports bettors often turn to solutions like PointsBet Card to walk around these bank restrictions. This method is flexible, convenient, and offers a safe and easy way to make deposits and withdrawals. But how does it work?
1) Make sure your PointsBet Card account is duly funded. As we’ve detailed above, you can fund your card account using your credit/debit cards, ACH, or online bank transfers.
2) Initiate a deposit request. Log into your PointsBet Card account. Take note of the balance on the ‘My Card’ section. Now, click on the “Transfer Funds to PointsBet” link on the upper right-hand side of the page.
3) Follow on-screen instructions. Enter the dollar amount you’d like to deposit to your gaming account. You can transfer as much money as you wish, as long as it doesn’t exceed your card balance.
4) Receive the funds and enjoy them. The cool aspect of this mode of payment is that the deposited funds should reflect on your wagering account immediately. This way, you can place bets on your favorite sports without any delay.
Another big advantage of using this prepaid card comes in the form of quick & hassle-free instant withdrawals. So, aside from allowing players to safely, anonymously, and instantly deposit funds to their gaming accounts, the card enables instant access to your winnings.
Safety and Security
Your funds in the PointsBet account are stored in a separate, FDIC-insured bank account. As such, your money is always safe even if the company tanks or goes bankrupt. The company responsible for the card, EML Payments Limited, is well-known for its first-class security measures and the use of bank-grade encryption technologies.
PointsBet Card in itself is safe, secure, and convenient, allowing you to anonymously make deposits to your gaming account. You can do so without having to reveal your banking details to PointsBet. Your card also enjoys all the topnotch security benefits that come with MasterCard branded credit cards.
Pros of Using PointsBet Card
- Unfettered funding: With PointsBet Card, you can deposit as much as you want to your gaming account without worrying about the rejections often associated with bank card transactions.
- Safe & secure: The card account gives you an opportunity to fund your wagering account safely, securely, and anonymously. You can enjoy a hassle-free gambling experience without having to share your sensitive financial information.
- Multiple funding options: You can still fund your PointsBet Card account from your VISA, MasterCard, Amex, or any other debit/credit cards, or via ACH and bank transfers. EML handles everything, so funding transactions are guaranteed to go through.
- Works like a traditional debit card: Use your PointsBet Card to make payments wherever MasterCard is accepted.
- Instant access to your winnings: Withdraw your winnings immediately to your card account. You can withdraw to your elected bank account, make in-app withdrawals, or use at any ATMs that accept MasterCard nationwide.
- Easily track your spending: The card helps sports betting players monitor and manage their finances better.
Cons of Using PointsBet Card
- Although the deposits to PointsBet sportsbook are typically free of charge, a fee is included when you load the card with a credit card, ACH, bank transfer, or debit card.
- A calculated percentage fee also applies for all ATM and bank transfer withdrawals
- The card only works wherever MasterCard is accepted
PointsBet Card is the answer that online sports bettors have been yearning for in the US. It offers a no-hassle alternative to bank cards that are often plagued by deposit denials. Even better, players can make instant deposits to their gaming accounts while concealing their sensitive financial information from the gambling site. The card works like any debit card, meaning it can be used to pay wherever MasterCard is accepted.