In some states where online gambling has been legalized (New Jersey, Nevada, etc.), registered and licensed gambling sites are allowed to pair with an authorized brick-and-mortar casino in that specific state. Thanks to this convenient arrangement, players can make cash deposits at the Cashier Cage of the partner land-based casino, allowing the funds to be credited directly to their online gambling accounts. They can also make cash withdrawals using this very same method.
If you’re an online casino player who wants to make a deposit in person, depositing cash at the cage may be an easy and swift method to fund your gambling account. The special offline/online casino partnership makes the Cash at the Cage payment method relatively fast, private, convenient, and super secure. We listed our reviews of some of the best online casinos that accept cash at the cage as a deposit method.
Want to learn more about this method? The handy guide below takes a thorough look at the Cash at the Cage system, including the deposit methods available for online casino games, which casinos accept it, how it works, fees, processing times, security, pros, and cons.
Overview of Cash at the Cage Deposits in New Jersey
A few years ago, smart casino sites realized that working with their land-based counterparts allows for seamless transitioning of gambling from offline to online. At the very least, their partnership would grant them access to the payment vehicles, gambling licenses, and other privileges enjoyed by brick-and-mortar casinos. Cash at the Cage is an ingenious payment option born of this unique collaboration.
With cash at the cage deposits, gambling sites can pair with land-based casinos to offer players real money online casino games. This payment option offers players the chance to move funds to and from their online casino accounts without the need for a third-party processor. They can simply visit a brick-and-mortar casino partner in Atlantic City, Las Vegas and other jurisdictions, and complete the deposit in a breeze.
To fund an online casino account, the player must simply head to the cashier cage in person and supply gambling account details. When the casino account information has been verified, the player will be required to provide a picture ID (driver’s license, etc.) and indicate the amount to be deposited. Payments can be made using cash, debit card, credit card, or personal check.
The cashier at the cage will validate the deposit request and move the money to your gambling account. With near-instant processing, you can hit the slots or online casino tables, and bring your A-game in poker rooms without further delay.
Customers and online casinos alike love the Cash at the Cage payment method because it’s 100% secure, safe, and convenient for players who happen to be close to a participating land-based casino. Numerous security checks and balances come with this payment method to help safeguard your account and guarantee a trouble-free experience. Cash at the casino cashier deposits are usually limited to a minimum of $10 and capped at $100,000.
Typically no restrictions are put on the amount you can withdraw from your online casino account. Together, these benefits make Cash at the Cage an impressively casino-ready deposit method. Practically all gambling sites operating with a license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE), and some poker sites and sportsbooks in Nevada, accept this payment method.
Using Cash at the Cage Method to Deposit at an Online Casino
For players in jurisdictions such as New Jersey, we recommend cash at the casino cashier as the easiest and fastest method to fund your gambling account. Using this payment method for online casino deposits and withdrawals is as easy as walking up to the cashier cage and presenting your cash. It’s straightforward and a no-brainer if you happen to be in the vicinity of the participating land-based casino.
You could think of the casino cashier cage as the banking hall where you go to make cash withdrawals or deposits from your account. The only difference is that your online casino wallet takes the place of the bank account. Obviously, this is a great cash option for players who don’t wish to use their checking account, credit card, or debit card for online gambling payments.
To fund your online gambling account via Cash at the Cage method, simply follow these easy steps:
1) Make sure it’s accepted by the online casino of your choice. Remember, the casino cashier option is limited to a few gambling sites licensed and regulated in New Jersey, Nevada, and a few other states that have warmed up to the idea of online gambling. Contact the casino customer rep to check whether or not you are indeed eligible for this deposit method.
2) Sign up for an online casino account. You’ve probably covered this step already. Just in case you are still at the cross-roads, you can count on one of our recommended cash at the cage online casinos below. Opening a gambling account with them is an easy affair that will take you only a few minutes to complete. Take note of the land-based casino partner for the online site.
3) Visit the partner land-based casino. You should walk up to the cashier section of the physical casino in person.
4) Submit the necessary information to the cashier. You’ll need to give the cashier a valid photo ID (usually a passport, driver’s license, military ID, or state-issued ID), and details of your online casino account. In some instances, confirmation of the 4 digits of your SSN or proof of address (with a bank statement, utility bill, etc.) may be necessary.
5) Transaction validation. When your account information and ID have been verified and validated, indicate the amount you wish to deposit to your casino account. You can pay with cash, personal check, or a debit/credit card.
That’s it! The process should become easier with each subsequent time you do it. When your info has been confirmed and the cashier has processed the deposit, the funds should be available in your online casino account, so you can start playing right away.
Which Online Casinos Accept Cash at the Cage Deposits?
As mentioned above, only some regulated and licensed gambling sites in the US offer cash at the casino cashier deposits. These sites are operated by, or have partnered with, land-based casinos in certain jurisdictions, notably New Jersey and Nevada. Some brick-and-mortar casinos may support cashier payments for several gambling sites; others stick with one online casino.
The following New Jersey online casinos accept this payment method and their respective brick-and-mortar partners.: Borgata, BetMGM, PartyCasino, 888 Casino, William Hill, Caesars, SugarHouse Casino, Golden Nugget, Tropicana and Virgin Casino, 888 sportsbook, William Hill Sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, Borgata Online Sportsbook, Hard Rock Sportsbook, BetMGM Sportsbook, PointsBet Sportsbook, FoxBet Sportsbook, and FanDuel Sportsbook.
As New Jersey award licenses to more online casinos, we’ll continue to see this list grow. Cash at the Cage offers a simple and convenient way to deposit funds in person at these establishments.
How It Works
Cash at the Cage deposits are a great way to fund your online casino account without revealing your credit/debit card or bank account details. It’s available to all legal age gamblers physically present in jurisdictions where the gambling site is licensed and regulated. More specifically, it’s for US players who can walk up to a casino cashier in Atlantic City and Las Vegas in person.
Cash at the Cage also offers an easy, quick, and trouble-free way to deposit or withdraw cash on-site, in-person. Simply visit the partner casino’s cashier area and provide the cashier with your online account information, photo ID, and the amount you wish to deposit. The funds will appear in your casino account once the deposit information has been validated, making it ready to use almost immediately.
You can also make Cash at the Cage withdrawals from your gambling account. However, the withdrawal process calls for extra steps for verification and security purposes. First of all, you’ll have to log in to your online casino account and navigate to the cashier/banking section of the site.
Click on the ‘WITHDRAWAL’ tab and select Cash at Cage from the list of available payment methods. You will get confirmation of the withdrawal request via SMS, email, or other channels of your choice; this usually takes 24 hours to occur. Visit the Casino Cage at the land-based casino partner and present the cashier with your photo ID and the withdrawal confirmation/approval. After the cashier verifies all information, you sign a withdrawal receipt and get your cash!
From a legitimacy standpoint, Cash at the Cage is a legal payment method that allows legitimate online casinos to circumvent the stringent UIGEA regulations and banking restrictions because the deposits don’t go through the bank system or third-party payment processors. Typically two types of gambling sites accept this form of payment: sites run by land-based casinos, and online casinos that forge partnerships with independent brick-and-mortar casinos.
A classic example of the first case is the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa Atlantic City which runs its own amazing gambling site aptly named Borgata Online Casino. This way, online players with gambling accounts at the site can make cash deposits at the cage of Borgata Atlantic City. 888 Casino, owned by the UK firm 888 Holdings, allows players in New Jersey to deposit cash at the cage of Caesars Atlantic City.
Cash at the Cage Deposits Fees
It’s very unlikely you will incur any charges when you deposit funds into your online casino using Cash at the Cage services at brick-and-mortar casinos. If there are any costs for transferring funds between accounts, the gambling site operator will most likely take care of them. There are no fees associated with Cash at the Cage deposits.
Cash at the Cage Processing Times
Speed is another big plus that comes with casino cashier deposits. When the necessary information has been verified and validated, processing of the deposit should be swift and easy. Subsequent deposits made at the same cashier cage will be even more rapid and more trouble-free.
Perhaps the only time-consuming aspect of the process is travelling to the land-based casino that has partnered with the gambling site of your choice. If the casino is too busy, the chances are good that there will be a long queue at the cashier cage. If that is the case, you can simply walk around, check out the casino, and perhaps come back a bit later when the cashiers are not too busy. This way, you can get your actual deposit transaction processed more swiftly.
The bottom line is that once the deposit transaction is finished at the cage, the funds will be made available in your online casino account almost instantly. The processing timeline for cash at the cage withdrawals, however, varies from casino to casino. When you receive a withdrawal confirmation from the gambling site, you can immediately go pick your cash-out. Note that confirmations can take around 24 hours to be processed.
Security and Safety
Cash at the Cage is a casino payment method that has proven to be not only convenient and swift but also safe and secure. The transaction is processed directly between the partner land-based casino and the gambling site, so this deposit process involves no bank, no credit card company, and no third-party processor.
More importantly, this method helps safeguard your sensitive financial information since you won’t have to share your credit card, debit card, or bank account information with the gambling site. Casino cashier services at brick-and-mortar casinos serve much like banking halls where you go to make cash withdrawals or deposits from your bank account.
The fact that you must make the deposit bodily and present a photo ID eliminates any odds of fraud or identity theft. The potential risk for your money is if it gets lost or stolen on your journey to the cashier cage of the land-based casino.
Pros of Using Cash at the Cage to Make Deposits at Online Casinos in New Jersey
- It’s simple, convenient, and straightforward: Depositing via Cash at the Cage is not only secure and effective but also quite simple and straightforward. You’ll need to appear in person to conduct the transaction. Despite this, the process is fairly uncomplicated if you have your online casino information handy, in which case the process is trouble-free.
- No charges and fees: Gambling sites don’t charge any fees for deposits at their partner land-based casino cage. Making the deposit at the casino cashier comes at zero cost to the player. In most cases, this is considered a courtesy or a value-added feature or benefit available to the customers of the online casino.
- Safe and secure: All deposits and withdrawals made using the Cash at the Cage method are 100% safe and secure. You must furnish the cashier with a photo, plus other verification measures that await you in person and online. You can make a deposit transfer to your gambling account with full confidence. What’s more, brick-and-mortar casinos are extremely safe with ironclad security measures in place 24/7, making this method much safer than online banking options.
- Quick turnaround times: After you have provided the necessary information and verified your identity, getting funds into your online casino account is a breeze. The transaction process speed will depend on how busy the land-based casino cage is. More often than not, Cash at the Cage processing time isn’t an issue.
- Easy to use: Deposits at the casino cashier can be made in a few simple and easy steps. All you have to do is provide a valid photo ID and verify your online casino account and indicate to the casino cage rep the amount you wish to deposit.
- 24/7 availability: Casino cashier services are usually available 24/7 in Atlantic City and Las Vegas. Unlike conventional banks, most land-based casinos are always open to help you get deposits and withdrawals done.
- High limits: With cash via casino cage, you can deposit anywhere from $10 up to a whopping $100,000 to your online gambling account. This is an unmatched max limit in the world of online gambling.
Cons of Using Cash at the Cage to Make Deposits at Online Casinos in New Jersey
- You may have to wait a little longer if the casino cage is too busy
- It’s only available to US players in a few states where online gambling has been legalized, including Nevada, New Jersey, and Delaware
- You must make the cash payment in person, which can be inconvenient for players who want to ask for help from someone else
- Some online casinos have a withdrawal limit on your first cash out transaction
Cash at the Cage deposits are convenient, easy, and fast. Not only that but they are also 100% secure and safe for all players who can legally gamble in Delaware, Nevada, and New Jersey. After your account information and identity have been validated, you can expect the funds to hit your online casino account immediately. You can deposit from $10 up to $100,000, which covers all types of players, from newbies to high rollers.
Are you a New Jersey resident interested in playing online in our state and taking advantage of the best offers? Check out our curated list of NJ casinos, NJ sportsbooks, and online bonuses.
Check out some other deposit methods for online casinos:
Play+ Prepaid Account Deposits