Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, New Jersey casinos have been ordered to close by Governor Phil Murphy, as the Covid-19 pandemic sweeps the country. However, while the Atlantic City casinos are closed, online casino gambling is still an option for anyone unable to leave their home.
While the Atlantic City Borgata Hotel, Casino and Spa are closed until further notice, the Borgata online casino offers players an opportunity to play poker online with a live dealer. If you’re unfamiliar with playing poker online, it’s easy, especially with a live dealer experience. Virtual slot machines are also available online at the Borgata casino.
Fortunately, the Borgata isn’t the only online casino in New Jersey. Gamblers can also enjoy online poker, roulette, craps, and other games at the Tropicana online casino in NJ while the physical location in Atlantic City remains closed.
Online casino bonuses
One advantage of playing in an online casino as opposed to the physical locations in Atlantic City are the welcome bonuses for new customers.
For example, the Borgata online casino offers its new customers a 100% match deposit of up to $600 as well as a $20 no-deposit bonus. Best of all, there is no promo code needed. The Tropicana online casino offers its new customers up to $100 cashback.
Furthermore, it’s not just casinos with physical locations in Atlantic City that offer new customers bonuses.
While MGM International never opened in Atlantic City, the BetMGM online casino is available anywhere within the Garden State.
Best of all, when first deposit $10 or more, BetMGM offers new players a deposit match of up to $1,000. The BetMGM online casino also gives it’s new players in New Jersey $25 of free play, on the house.
For the duration of the coronavirus shut-down, online casino gambling is the perfect substitute if you can’t travel to Atlantic City.
NJ online casino sign-up offers
Note to our readers: we may earn a commission from the offers listed below. See all of our online casino bonus offers here. It’s important to visit the operators’ website to thoroughly read their terms and conditions.
These websites are regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gambling Enforcement to prevent fraud, ensuring a good user experience.
- 888 Casino: Bonus welcome package of up to $20
- Party Casino: $500 Welcome Package for new customers only. 100% match bonus on the first deposit, up to $500.
- Borgata Online Casino: $600 Welcome Package for new customers only. 100% match bonus on your first deposit, up yo $600.
- Sugar House Online Casino: $250 Welcome Package for new customers only.
- BetMGM: $1025 Welcome Package, including a $25 free bonus plus a deposit match up to $1,000.
- Caesar’s Online Casino: $300 Welcome Package for new customers only. Match bonus based on the first deposit of $300.
- Virgin Online Casino: $100 Welcome Package, for new customers only. Match bonus based on the first deposit of $100.
- Tropicana Online Casino: $100 Welcome Package, for new customers only. Match bonus based on first deposit up to $100.
- Golden Nugget Online Casino: $1,000 Welcome Package, for new customers only. Match bonus based on the first deposit of up to $1,000.
While the Covid-19 lockdown is certainly an inconvenience, New Jersey residents can still gamble, from the comfort of their own homes. Be assured, this situation will not last forever, and while you are at home, you might as well enjoy playing your favorite casino games.
It’s important to comply with all health advisories, until the Covid-19 pandemic is over; it’s vital that you wash your hands, and avoid crowded places, such as casinos, to ensure your good health. Once the pandemic is over, be sure to get out there, and patronize your favorite restaurants, shops, and of course, Atlantic City casinos. They’ll appreciate the business.