Live performances are finally making a come back to Atlantic City, despite the New Jersey governor’s mandate; Governor Phil Murphy has decreed that public performances must be limited to 150 people maximum, regardless of the size of the space.
It remains to be seen how the various casinos and performances spaces comply with the mandates, never the less, shows are on for September and beyond.
The return of live entertainment should help boost visitor turnout and casino revenue as well as alleviate Atlantic City’s unemployment problem. Despite the coronavirus emergency relief bill, Atlantic City is still suffering. Live entertainment during the cold winter months is sure to boost not only the economy, but also the spirits of residents, workers, and visitors alike.
Many of the shows that were canceled during the height of the casino shutdowns, and are now rescheduled. Let’s take a look at some of the best live performances Atlantic City has to offer for the next few months.
Anchor Rock Club
This outstanding venue at 247 S New York Ave, welcomes back live music beginning in October.
- Hawthorne Heights, with special guest Mark Rose of Spitalfield, Thursday, October 8 at 8: pm
- Hinder, Wayland and Blacktop Mojo, Sunday, October 18 at 8:00 pm
- Japanese Breakfast, with special guest Barrie, Saturday, October 24 at 8:00 pm
Harrah’s Atlantic City Live Performances
Harrah’s has several acts scheduled for their Friday night “Bayside Rock Live” series.
- Aeromyth – Aerosmith Tribute. Friday, September 18 at 7:30 pm
- Songs In The Attic: The Music Of Billy Joel. Friday, September 25 at 7:00 pm
- Desperado, an Eagles Tribute Band. Friday, October 2 at 7:00 pm
- Tusk – Tribute To Fleetwood Mac. Friday, October 9 at 7:00 pm
- The Fabba Show – A Tribute to ABBA. Friday, October 16 at 7:00 pm
- Beatles For Sale – Beatles Tribute Band. Friday, October 23 at 7:00 pm
- Blood Sweat & Tears, Saturday, November 14 at 8:00 pm
- Presley, Perkins, Lewis & Cash, Saturday, November 28 at 8:00 pm
Hard Rock Atlantic City Live Performances
The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino lives up to its name, presenting a variety of rock n’ roll legends at Sound Waves in the coming weeks.
- Ace Frehley, guitarist for KISS hits the stage on Friday, October 23 at 8:00 pm
- Rocky Horror Live, Friday, October 30, at 8:00 pm
- Almost Queen – A Tribute To Queen, Friday, November 27 at 8:00 pm
Caesars Atlantic City Live Performances
Caesars Casino kicks off the return of live Atlantic City entertainment this October.
- Atlantic City Ballet performs Dracula, Saturday, October 24, at 7:00 pm
- Atlantic City Ballet: It’s A Shore Holiday, Saturday, November 21 at 8:00 pm
- Live From Nashville: A Merry Country Christmas, Saturday, December 9 at 8:00 pm
- Atlantic City Ballet: The Nutcracker, Sunday, December 20, at 4:00 pm
Tropicana Atlantic City Live Performances
The showroom at the Tropicana Casino finally reopens on Halloween, lining up a roster of top of the line acts.
- Styx, Saturday, October 31 at 8:00 pm
- Yachtley Crew, Saturday, November 14 at 8:00 pm
- El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico, Saturday, November 28 at 9:00 pm
Ocean Resort Casino Live Performances at Ovation Hall
Live entertainment returns to Ovation Hall at the Ocean Resort Casino at the end of October.
- Aaron Lewis, Friday, October 30, 9:00 pm
- Collective Soul, Better Than Ezra & Tonic, Saturday, December 19 at 8:00 pm
Borgata Live Performances
The Borgata brings live entertainment back to Atlantic City, at its Event Center and the Music Box.
- Kreeps With Kids, at the Music Box, Friday, October 30 at 7:00 pm
- Wu-Tang Clan at the Event Center, Friday, November 6 at 8:00 pm
- Jim Breuer at the Music Box, Friday, November 20 at 9:00 pm
- Charlie Wilson at the Event Center, January 9 at 8:00 pm
- Sinbad at the Music Box, January 9 at 8:00 pm
Unfortunately, the Golden Nugget does not have any live entertainment scheduled any time in the next two or three months. Perhaps by next year, the Golden Nugget will have a few live performances scheduled.