Recently, PartyPoker announced the WPT Online Borgata Series with a total of $275,000 in guarantees. Following the success of the first New Jersey World Poker Tour Series, players are back for another round.
PartyPoker has once again partnered with the Borgata in Atlantic City for an exclusive online poker tournament just for New Jersey players. The WPT Borgata Poker Open runs from Sept. 13-21.
“The partnership is fabulous because it allows New Jersey players to compete in big Wolrd Poker Tour events from their homes,” said Matt Savage, WPT executive tour director. “The World Poker Tour is proud to partner with PartyPoker, a regulated and trusted site in the US Network.”
WPT and PartyPoker Break Records
The Borgata Online Poker Series follows the record-breaking WPT-PartyPoker tournament in June. That WPT Online Poker Open attracted more than 850 entries, generating a prize pool of more than $317,500, exceeding the $300,000 guarantee.
In recent months, the World Poker Tour has partnered with PartyPoker for its online events, both in the USA and internationally. WPT has also promoted its own sweepstakes poker website, ClubWPT, very heavily.
While Atlantic City’s poker rooms remain closed, including the Borgata, another World Poker Tour online is sure to be popular with New Jersey players. The event highlights three popular online poker brands in one series, for players across the Garden State.
“Partypoker US Network continually to identifies opportunities to provide a premium online poker experience for our players,” said Ray Stefanelli, PartyPoker US director of poker. “We’re proud to grow our relationship with the World Poker Tour, providing players across New Jersey with one more state-of-the-art offering. The WPT Online Borgata Series combines the prestige of the WPT and Borgata for the players across the PartyPoker US Network.”
5 Highlights of the WPT Online Borgata Series
The new online poker series should offer players eleven events. The two-day $1,060 WPT Online Borgata Series Main Event showcases the series on Sept. 20. The following day, the final table will be live-streamed. PartyPoker and the World Poker Tour promise a good mix of both buy-ins and events.
Five highlights include:
- The $215 Kickoff to jumpstart the series on Sept. 13. That No-Limit Hold’em event has a $100,000 guarantee.
- $535 Heads Up event is capped at 32 players and is set for September 19. Players registered by September 16 get their $35 registration fee refunded after playing in the event.
- Progressive Knockout Bounties will be sprinkled throughout the schedule.
- Main Event qualifiers. PartyPoker will offer many satellites throughout the September series. Players can win a place at the Main Event for just $5. Good scores in the $5 qualifiers move players up to the $45 and $215 satellites.
- Players can also phase into the Main Event for $109. Phase tournaments are a popular event at PartyPoker. A phase tournament is a little bit different from a traditional satellite tournament. Satellite winners enter into the main event with that event’s initial chip stack. But in a phase tournament, the players from Phase 1 enter the main event with the chip stack they accumulated previously.
Schedule of Events
In the Garden State, the PartyPoker network not includes the Borgata, but also BetMGM. Players can participate in the tournament on any of the platforms, but must be within New Jersey to register and play.
Start date: Sunday, September 13, 2020
End date: Monday, September 21, 2020
Day 1: September 20, starting at 5 pm ET
Day 2: September 21, day of the Final Table to be live-streamed
- $5 Daily Qualifiers begin on September 6th at 2:30 pm ET, 5:30 pm ET, 8:30 pm ET, 10:30 pm ET
- $45 Daily Qualifiers into the $215 Satellite begin on September 6th at 7:30 pm ET
- $215 Daily Satellites, Turbo WPT Online Borgata Series Main Event begins on Sep 6th at 8:30 pm ET
Partypoker and the World Poker Tour are certain that New Jersey’s success will continue with the highly anticipated Borgata online poker event.
Angelica Hael, WPT Vice President of Global Tour Management commented that, “The World Poker Tour and the PartyPoker US Network have created a unique event for players of any bankroll across New Jersey to compete in a weeklong series combining the best of the online and live realms.”