The William Hill Online Prepaid Play+ account is the preferred option for making instant fund transfers to your William Hill casino account at no charge and, later, withdrawals. It has no fees for registration, activation, monthly maintenance, or deposit. In short, it’s a cost-effective, cashless, secure way to fund your online gambling at William Hill.
We highly recommend it as the easiest and fastest method to make deposits and withdrawals at the site. Using this e-payment method is just as convenient and swift as an instant bank transfer or cash but you don’t have to share your private bank card or account details. Let’s find out more about the William Hill Play+ system, including its available deposit methods for online casino games, security, pros, and cons.
Not sure if William Hill is for you? Check out our other reviews for casinos and sports books in New Jersey here: Borgata, BetMGM, PartyCasino, 888 Casino, William Hill, Caesars, SugarHouse Casino, Golden Nugget, Tropicana and Virgin Casino, 888 sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, Borgata Online Sportsbook, Hard Rock Sportsbook, BetMGM Sportsbook, PointsBet Sportsbook, FoxBet Sportsbook, and FanDuel Sportsbook.
Overview of William Hill Play+ Account Deposits
Play+ is a hugely popular cash-free online payment and e-transfer service primarily used by US players to make deposits at online casinos. William Hill Prepaid Play+ account allows its players to make instant fund deposits around the clock, so there’s no dilly-dallying when you want to play.
Before you start using this payment service, you’ll need to sign up for a Play+ Prepaid account. It’s simple – Simply log into your William Hill online account or open a new account if you don’t already have one. Visit the Deposit Funds page in the Banking section, and choose William Hill Prepaid Play+ as your funding method. As a routine security measure, providing your Date of Birth and SSN are part of the registration information.
Before you proceed, confirm that our mailing name and address are correct on the enrollment form. Click Sign Up once you have read and agreed to the William Hill Prepaid Play+ Terms and Conditions. At this point, you are almost finished with the enrollment process; all that remains is to fund your new William Hill Prepaid Play+ account.
This Play+ program happily accepts funding from several sources, including major credit/debit cards (American Express, Visa, and MasterCard), Discover Network, eCheck, and PayPal. You can add funds to your account using these methods soon after registration; your personalized Play+ prepaid card will arrive in the mail about 10 to 14 days after you open the account.
When your William Hill Prepaid Play+ account has some funds, you can transfer any amount you wish to play with to your William Hill player account. The funds usually reflect in your account balance instantly. These deposits tend to be processed quickly and without any charges. However, Play+ withdrawals to a bank account or at the ATM do attract a standard fee of $2.00. If you leave your Play+ account dormant for more than 6 months, you may incur a monthly fee of $2.95.
Ways to Fund your William Hill Prepaid Play+ Account
Bank Card Load: You can use your favorite VISA, MasterCard, Amex, or Discover Network credit/debit card to upload funds to your William Hill Prepaid Play+ Account. To do so, select Play+ as your funding option in the Deposit Page and choose Bank Card Load. Next, fill in your bank card details (number, CVV code, expiration code, etc.), and the deposit amount. Click Add Funds on the screen, confirm that the deposit amount is correct, and hit Fund My Account to complete the transaction. A processing fee of 3% of the transaction amount will be applied.
PayPal: Sign in to your account and go to the Deposit Fund page. Click on Play+ as the funding option then select PayPal, input the deposit amount, and click Continue. Verify the deposit amount and choose PayPal Check. When you have logged into your PayPal, choose the account for payment, and click Continue to complete the transaction. A processing fee equal to 4% of the transaction will be applied.
eCheck: To add funds via an eCheck or online banking, visit the Deposit Funds page, and select Play+. Choose Online Banking as your funding source, input the deposit amount, and click Continue. Review the deposit amount and select your preferred bank. You will be taken directly to the online banking portal, where you will access your online bank account using your usual login credentials (i.e., Online Banking ID and Password). When signed in, choose the account from which you wish to withdraw funds, and pay using the Bill Pay feature. Each eCheck load will attract a processing fee of 3% of the transaction.
Depositing with William Hill Prepaid Play+ Account
So, your William Hill Prepaid Play+ account is duly funded and you’re ready to play. All that is left to do is to transfer some funds into your William Hill wagering account so you can hit the slots, virtual tables, video poker, and other casino favorites. It’s easy to do:
1) Sign in to your William Hill Account. When logged in, navigate to the Banking section and click on the “Deposit Funds” tab.
2) Select Play+ as your deposit method. Simply click on the ‘Deposit’ button for the Play+ option.
3) Choose how much you wish to deposit to your wager account. You can enter any dollar amount between $10 and up to the balance on your William Hill Prepaid Play+ Account.
4) Complete the deposit process. All that you need do is click Continue and the transfer request will be submitted.
As a cashless method that involves no third-party processors, you can expect the funds to reach your wagering account immediately. There is no deposit processing fee.
Security and Safety
As briefly discussed above, Play+ prepaid accounts are very safe and secure considering that you don’t have to supply your sensitive financial data to the casino. More importantly, funds contained in these Play+ accounts are eligible for FDIC insurance. Even better, both William Hill and Play+ are highly credible companies that use the latest security measures and encryption technologies to protect your personal, digital, and financial security online.
Pros of Using William Hill Prepaid Play+
- Easy access to your winnings: William Hill Prepaid Play+ account comes with a free personal prepaid card you can use to withdraw funds from any ATM that accepts NYCE® and PULSE® cards. You can also spend your funds at any place that accepts Discover Network cards.
- Instant access to wager funds: One of the biggest draws of using this payment method is the speed at which the deposit transactions are processed. Money transferred to your wagering account via William Hill Prepaid Play+ will be made available instantly.
- Highly safe and secure: Play+ deposits bypass the use of bank cards and bank accounts, making it easy for you to anonymously fund your online gambling. There is no chance your sensitive financial data will end up in the wrong hands. The service also uses multiple layers of security.
- No casino deposit processing fees: William Hill Prepaid Play+ deposits have no deposit fees, no annual maintenance fees, and no registration fees.
- Lucrative rewards on deposits: As the preferred payment option at William Hill, Play+ deposits are eligible for numerous casino bonuses, cash-backs, and other rewards linked to the loyalty program.
- Near 100% approval rates: By not using your credit/debit card directly, deposits made by this method enjoy high acceptance rates.
Cons of Using William Hill Prepaid Play+
Unfortunately, the major drawback is that your William Hill Prepaid Play+ account does attract some steep charges. You will pay a fee of between 3% and 4% for Bank Card, eCheck, and PayPal uploads respectively. On top of that, Play+ withdrawals will be levied a standard fee of $2.00. Also if you let your William Hill Prepaid Play+ account sit idle for more than six months, it will start accruing a dormancy fee at the rate of $2.95 per month.
Other fees include the ATM balance inquiry fee ($0.75), paper statement fee ($3.00), the foreign transaction fee (3% of the transaction), account reimbursement check charge ($10.00), and an ATM withdrawal decline fee ($0.75). They are not necessarily outrageous but these fees can add up quickly.