If you’re a fan of online poker, then PokerStars is a name that’s probably familiar to you. It’s the world’s largest online poker network, offering poker rooms for players of all skill levels. Rookies and seasoned poker players alike love the platform because it’s safe, user-friendly, and more importantly, legal.
PokerStars offers an array of convenient and easy-to-use deposit options, including traditional credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, etc.), instant e-checks, wire transfers, e-wallets, and more. The premier poker platform also offers exotic and exclusive payment methods that include Stars Transfer.
Stars Transfer is PokerStars’ own bank transfer payment method. It has gained increased traction with players in the US, particularly in New Jersey, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, and Uruguay, just to mention a few countries. We recommend that you sign in to your PokerStars online account and check at the Cashier section to determine whether Stars Transfer is available in your region.
This payment option is only available to players with verified gambling accounts with PokerStars, so you won’t be able to use it at other New Jersey online casinos. The exception to that is those accounts tied to the PokerStars Network, including PokerStars itself, PokerStars Casino, and PokerStars Sports. If you want to learn more about this unique payment method read on. We’ll cover everything you need to know about the Stars Transfer system, deposit methods available for online casino games, security, pros, and cons.
Overview of Stars Transfer Deposits
Stars Transfer is an exclusive PokerStars payment method that enables players to transfer funds into their online casino accounts directly from their local bank accounts.
Stars Transfer deposits in the US are available in USD, but international players can use local currencies. It’s a pleasantly versatile option that allows you to use the downloadable software client, desktop browser, or PokerStars mobile app.
What makes this payment method convenient is that you can make casino deposits via your online banking system or use the beneficiary information given by PokerStars to complete the deposit at your local bank or an ATM. The process might seem a little confusing at first, but it’s a fairly simple and easy procedure to conduct the transaction.
To fund your online casino account using Stars Transfer, simply login to your account and navigate to the Cashier section using a desktop client, web browser, or mobile app.
Select Stars Transfer as your deposit method and follow the on-screen prompts. You’ll be glad to know that PokerStars doesn’t charge any fees when you use this method to make a deposit at the site. However, you may incur some fees when a third-party is responsible for the actual processing of the withdrawal transaction.
How to Make Stars Transfer Deposits at PokerStars Casino
Once again, you can make deposits at PokerStars Casino using your traditional web browser, the desktop client (available for download at the site), or the mobile app.
No matter which route you take, the deposit process is uncomplicated and fairly fast. Clear instructions are provided to help walk you through the entire process in a breeze.
To deposit with STARS TRANSFER, just follow these easy steps:
1) Access the Cashier section of PokerStars Casino. Simply log into your Stars online account and visit the Cashier section.
2) Click on the ‘Stars Transfer’ tab. The exact path you’ll follow to get there will depend on the platform you are using. For those using the desktop client, you must click on the Cashier table and then hit the ‘Stars Transfer’ button.
3) Mobile app users must choose the ‘Real Money’ tab in the casino lobby once logged in. From here, access the ‘Stars Transfer’ button by tapping on the Deposit button. Web browser users must select the “Deposit” tab at the Cashier section and then click on the “Stars Transfer” button.
4) Choose the deposit amount and currency. After you have selected “Stars Transfer” as your deposit method, click next to pick your preferred currency (for international players) and choose the amount you wish to deposit from the suggested figures. To enter a custom amount, use the “other” field.
5) Claim your bonus. If you have a bonus code, you can input it at this point, then click on the “Deposit” button.
6) Select the financial institution you’re going to use. On this screen, you can choose your preferred bank or store. In Mexico, for instance, you can select from Bancomer, HSBC, Banamex, Santander, Banorte, OXXO Store, or SPEI. To proceed, click on the green arrow.
7) Confirm your deposit details. On the next page, verify your transaction information and submit the deposit request. You will receive the Star Transfer voucher via email or you can print it from the screen.
8) Make the payment. You can complete the transaction electronically via online banking or in person by taking the voucher to your local bank/store like OXXO.
Stars Transfer deposits made through online banking will clear within an hour or so; those made through your local bank branch/store will take between 24 hours and 3 working days to be completed.
Security and Safety
As a payment option, Stars Transfer is fantastic for players who are cautious about sharing their payment details with gambling sites. It provides an opportunity to deposit at PokerStars Casino by using an ATM, local bank branch, or store. That’s something you have probably done many times before.
The firm behind PokerStars is known for using multiple encryption tools and bank-grade security technology to safeguard your information at their site. It stays on top of its game in order to maintain its long-standing reputation with online poker and casino players.
You can use cash at eligible stores like OXXO, so you won’t have to share your bank or credit/debit card details. In sum, using Stars Transfer to pay at PokerStars is about as secure as online gambling can get.
Pros of Using Stars Transfer
- It accepts numerous currencies, opening doors to players from a variety of countries.
- Provides increased control over your gambling: you can only play with what you have deposited, unlike credit cards that allow you to overspend.
- Offers added security and safety because your sensitive payment details like credit information are never revealed to PokerStars Casino.
- You won’t have to register for or maintain additional accounts like e-wallets
Cons of Using Stars Transfer
- Fees may apply if you process some Stars Transfer withdrawals
- Funds may take a while to reflect in your online gambling account
- Deposit/withdrawal limits are determined by the casino
Stars Transfer FAQs
Can I use Stars Transfer to withdraw my winnings?
Yes. You are allowed to cash out your funds to your bank account using this payment method.
Are there deposit limits?
Yes, PokerStars Casino requires that you stick to a limit when making Stars Transfer deposits. The actual limit varies from player to player. Be sure to check the Cashier section for your current limits.
Will I incur any fees for using Stars Transfer to make a deposit?
Using Stars Transfer at any PokerStars platform will not attract a fee.
Also, check out our other casino and sportsbooks reviews here: Borgata, BetMGM, PartyCasino, 888 Casino, William Hill, Caesars, SugarHouse Casino, Golden Nugget, Tropicana and Virgin Casino, 888 sportsbook, William Hill Sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, Borgata Online Sportsbook, Hard Rock Sportsbook, BetMGM Sportsbook, PointsBet Sportsbook, FoxBet Sportsbook, and FanDuel Sportsbook.