PokerStars is a big name that has become synonymous with the game of online poker. The premier gambling outfit boasts an online casino, sportsbook, and other gaming platforms available for all players in New Jersey. Aside from being a trusted and secure gambling site, PokerStars also provides a wide variety of payment options, including the major bank cards, online banking, ACH, eChecks, e-wallets, Stars Transfer and, of course, Play+ prepaid card transfers.
PokerStars Play+ Card is an excellent payment method if you’re looking for an option that allows you to instantly fund your account. It’s tied to your PokerStars’ Stars Account so you can make safe and secure deposits without needing to share your banking details with the casino or any other 3rd party. A two-way payment service, Play+ allows for instant withdrawals.
Not sure if PokerStars is right for you? Check out our other reviews for casinos and sports books in New Jersey here: Borgata, BetMGM, PartyCasino, 888 Casino, William Hill, Caesars, SugarHouse Casino, Golden Nugget, Tropicana and Virgin Casino, 888 sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, Borgata Online Sportsbook, Hard Rock Sportsbook, BetMGM Sportsbook, PointsBet Sportsbook, FoxBet Sportsbook, and FanDuel Sportsbook.
The prepaid card works like any other debit card, so you can make ATM withdrawals wherever NYCE and PULSE branded cards are accepted. The goodies don’t stop there: you can spend your funds everywhere Discover Network cards are accepted. So, how does it work?
Overview of PokerStars Play+ Card Deposits
As with most Play+ programs, PokerStars Play+ is consists of a prepaid account and a personalized card. The prepaid account is paired to your wagering account, making it one of the safest and the most convenient ways of depositing or withdrawing funds at PokerStars. Before you start making deposits, you must first enroll with the PokerStars Play+ Card program.
To sign up for the prepaid account, you’ll need to log into your Stars Account (which is PokerStars’ wagering account) and head over to the Cashier section of the site. Click on the “Make a Deposit” button, select PokerStars Play+ Card as your funding option, and hit the Deposit button to proceed. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the registration for your prepaid card account.
When the account is opened, you can immediately add funds. Several viable methods can be used to fund your Play+ prepaid card account, including bank cards, online banking (eChecks), PayPal, and much more.
PokerStars Play+ Card is a great alternative to using credit or debit cards which are usually subject to tough banking restrictions and Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) regulations. The prepaid card account offers a walk-around these hurdles, allowing you to instantly make deposits without sharing your private banking information.
What’s more, your funds are ultra-secure when you use PokerStars Play+ Card; it’s issued by Bank of George, a well-known banking institution that’s a member of the FDIC. After 10-14 days of funding your PokerStars Play+ account, you will receive a personalized prepaid card at the mailing address on file. You can use it to withdraw your funds at thousands of ATMs worldwide that bear NYCE and PULSE brands. It can be used for payments wherever Discover is accepted.
How to Fund your PokerStars Play+ Card Account
The PokerStars Play+ Card account accepts funds from multiple sources. You can use an eCheck (online banking), PayPal, or Discover Network. This program highly recommends customers use their credit or debit cards, with the heavy-hitters represented, including MasterCard, VISA, and American Express.
To use your bank card to fund your PokerStars Play+ Card account, begin by signing in to your Stars Account and follow these easy steps:
1) Go to the Cashier section. Locate the “Make a Deposit” link and click on it. You’ll be taken to a list of available deposit payment methods, from which you will select ‘PokerStars Play+ Card’ as your funding option and click Deposit.
2) Provide your card information. Fill in the respective bank card number, expiration date, and CVV code fields.
3) Select the deposit amount. Input the dollar amount of funds you wish to deposit, making sure to take note of the minimum and maximum deposit limits.
4) Finalize the deposit transaction. Review the deposit amount and click ‘Make a Deposit’ to complete the payment request.
It’s important to note that the customer usually covers the fees associated with processing the funding transaction. For bank card load, this is usually rated at 3% of the transaction amount.
Depositing with PokerStars Play+ Card
PokerStars Play+ prepaid account makes it easy to instantly deposit funds to your wager account. Just make sure the account balance has enough to cover the transfer.
1) Access your Stars Account. Log into your online casino account and visit the Cashier section of the site.
2) Choose your deposit method. Simply click on the “Make a Deposit” button and choose PokerStars Play+ Card as your preferred method. Click Deposit to continue.
3) Choose the source of the funds. Select “No load, use my available balance” since you have already uploaded the funds to your Play+ account.
4) Pick your deposit amount. Input the amount you wish to deposit in USD, making sure it is above $10 and below the balance in your Play+ account.
5) Complete the deposit process. All that you need to do now is click ‘Make a Deposit’ to initiate the payment transaction.
The funds will almost instantly be reflected in the balance of your Stars Account. The deposit process is directly between Play+ and PokerStars, skipping the use of a third-party processor. You won’t incur any deposit processing fees, either.
Security and Safety
Tight security is one of the most important factors for New Jersey online casino payments. Thankfully, PokerStars Play+ Card employs multiple layers of security to ensure customers’ funds and financial data are protected at all times. By incorporating SSL technology and several safety measures, you can rest assured that this is a secure payment option.
When you use PokerStars Play+ Card, your funds are safe and secure since they are held in Bank of George, which is a member of the FDIC. Using this method to fund your wager account allows you to do so instantly without revealing your sensitive financial information to the NJ casino of your choice. That’s the level of anonymity most online gamblers are looking for in their preferred payment method.
Pros of Using PokerStars Play+ Card
- A reliable alternative to rejected debit cards and credit cards
- Helps you instantly find your wagering account
- Instant access to your winnings, thanks to the easy and immediate transfer of your cashouts.
Withdraw at thousands of ATMs or spend your funds wherever Discover is
- There are no deposit, annual maintenance or registration fees, no annual maintenance fees
- It’s a safe, secure, and somewhat anonymous way to deposit at PokerStars Casino
- Earn rewards when you deposit with Play+ prepaid card
Cons of Using PokerStars Play+ Card
- Has dormancy fees
- Withdrawals using this method attract a $2.00 fee
- Using bank cards, eCheck, and PayPal to fund your PokerStars Play+ Card includes a percentage charge.